14 September 2006

Spirit Altars


I've been working on trying to articulate just what it is I'm trying to create, The making of images seems to use a different part of my mind than the production of a piece of writing. It's almost like the writer me has to go interview the artist me sometime after the art has been completed to find out what the artist me was intending. I have a long-standing interest in creating images that represent our spiritual searches and sacred connections. My latest pieces are richly detailed, painted and quilted altarpieces to hang alone or include in a larger altar. The images include traditional symbols of luck, love, protection, meditation and earth magic.

They are about:
Communion with the wild things
Connection to all beings
Courage, compassion and good will
Clear visions and sweet dreams
Good luck and best wishes

May all good things come to you.

No comments: